Whenever I see “the best” in front of a recipe – it makes me want to click! I always really want to trust someone who is willing to place those words in front of their recipe. I usually click, I often make the recipe – and sometimes it’s the best…sometimes not. But just know – I wouldn’t call something the best unless I really felt like it was!
These are the best for many reasons:
1. They are easy to make!
2. They make breakfast/grabbing something to add to my kids’ lunchbox so much easier.
3. They are a great way to use overripe bananas!
4. They’re soft and moist and full of flavor!
We have a lot of go-to dinners in our rotation (most of them are on here on my website!)…but I’ve struggled to find go-to baked goods that are easy and that my kids like. Enter these muffins! I make them once a week. And on a busy Tuesday morning….I’m always glad that Sunday morning Sara made them!
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3-4 ripe bananas - (use 4 if they're small/medium – 3 if the bananas are large)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour - We use Einkorn flour – but you can use regular/organic flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon - (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and mash bananas until well mashed in a medium bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients – egg, vanilla and melted butter. Use fork or whisk to combine until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients – flour, sugar, salt, optional cinnamon. Mix until all flour is combined well.
- Add chocolate chips (omit if you want plain banana muffins).
- Scoop batter into 12 muffin liners. I like the parchment liners – but any will do!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until you poke a toothpick in the middle and it's clean. Enjoy warm or cooled for the next couple of days!